TOWN OF BRISTOL
Monday, August 6, 2018, 7:00 PM
I. Call to Order: 7:00 PM
1. Review agenda for addition, removal, or adjustment of any items per 1 V.S.A. §312(d)(3)(A).
II. Public Forum.
1. This is an opportunity for citizens to briefly share comments and concerns with the Board about matters that are not on the agenda (up to 5 minutes for each topic). A topic requiring more than 5 minutes should be scheduled for a future agenda.
III. Scheduled Appointments.
1. 7:00 – Fire Chief Brett LaRose:
a. Request to use Fire Dept. Capital Equipment Funds to purchase K12 Rescue Saw;
b. Request for VLCT PACIF grant application approval for turnout gear and emergency lighting;
c. Acceptance of Fire Fighter Justin Jackman resignation.
2. 7:15 – Christopher Carrig: request for consideration of property impacted by past work on Upper Notch Road.
3. 7:30pm – Treefort, LLC: request for reconsideration of denial of Bristol Cliffs Café water bill abatement.
IV. Regular Business.
1. Consider proposal by Green Mountain Engineering to serve as project manager for the Firehouse Drive infrastructure layout and construction per the Stoney Hill Properties Purchase and Sale Agreement.
2. Set the FY2019 municipal tax rate.
3. Consider request for Town to participate in the Turn Bristol Teal for Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month in September.
4. Consider request by the Bristol Cub Scout Pack to close Fitch Avenue, Saturday, August 25, 9:00am to 3:00pm, for Soap Box Derby.
5. Consider nominating a community leader to participate in the VCRD’s “Making It Happen” Local Leadership for the Future of Vermont Communities on October 1, 2018.
6. Consider whether to purchase electronic tablets for Selectboard meeting materials.
7. Execute loan documents for South Street Bridge project bond with People’s United Bank.
8. Approval of meeting minutes of July 9 and July 23, 2018.
9. Consider request to use Capital Building Reserve Fund to purchase a new digital lock system for Holley Hall.
10. Update on 76 West Street prospective purchase.
11. Authorize accounts payable warrant and any liquor licenses.
12. Selectboard concerns.
13. Town Administrator’s report.
V. Other Business.
1. Correspondence, reports, correspondence received.
VI. Executive Session: personnel matters per 1 V.S.A. §313(a)(3), potential real estate negotiations per 1 V.S.A. §313(a)(2), and potential contract negotiations per 1 V.S.A. §313(a)(1)(A).
* The agenda and Town Administrator’s Report will be available next week on Bristol’s Web site at http://www.bristolvt.org/.
* Minutes of past meetings can be found at: http://www.bristolvt.org/meeting-minutes/.
* Videos of meetings can be found at: www.neatbristol.com/.
* Agenda materials not otherwise protected by the public records law are available for review and copies are available on request.
Questions? Contact me at (802) 453-2410 or firstname.lastname@example.org.